I don’t know about you, but chances are you have some mainstays in your makeup bag that you return to time and time again. Even throughout the changes in weather and seasons, I personally have some makeup products that I just love and keep repurchasing them. It was hard to narrow down, but here eight makeup bag must-haves that I can’t live without.
I’ve said this before here on Adored by Alex, but I’m not an ultra heavy makeup wearer. From my teenager years on, I’ve pretty much stuck with some mainstays like tinted moisturizer, a little eye concealer, eyeliner, swipe of mascara and a little cheek and lip color. Now at 26 years old, these eight makeup bag must-haves have remained true. While I may have switched here and there between different brands, I always turn back to the same products.
Eight makeup bag must-haves that work for the natural makeup lover are right this way:
- Face Primer // I really didn’t start using primer until I moved to Texas. I’ve found that in the humid environment I need a base that holds my makeup. I’ve tried a few primers, but my absolute favorite is the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer. 100% worth the price (the one pictured above is the travel size), this primer is part of my holy grail in makeup products. It goes on buttery smooth and totally helps to keep my makeup on much longer. Best part of it, a little goes a very long way!
- Under eye concealer // My half-Venezuelan roots have given me a little trouble in terms of the dark circles and puffy look my under eyes seem to achieve during sleep. One of the eight makeup bag must-haves for me is Trish McEvoy’s Instant Eye Lift. I love the formula, it’s lightweight but covers. I just swipe it on in an upside down triangle shape and blend with
- Eyeshadow base // Again, another product I didn’t start using until my twenties, eyeshadow base has turned into a go to to help cover up my birthmark (it looks like a small waxing burn under my left eyebrow) and brighten up my eyes just a bit more. There are some days that I just blend this on my eyelids upward and only wear this – no other color for eyeshadow. The Trish McEvoy Brightening eyeshadow primer has quickly become a favorite. I’ve found Trish products to be a bit more expensive, but worth the price.
- Bronzer stick // A recent discovery, I love this Trish McEvoy’s cream-to-powder stick. I’ve almost always been a loyal compact bronzer user, but this stick is easy to carry and use. I love swiping it on for a little hint of sun-kiss on the usual areas the sun might naturally color. Even better, it has quite the staying power! And that’s saying a lot for humid, sticky Houston.
- Liquid eyeliner // So I’ll admit, this is the only eyeliner I’ve used since discovering it about four years ago. I refuse to use a pencil. This liner doesn’t budge, and it’s so easy to put on my lids. Probably one of the most repurchased things time and again in my makeup arsenal.
- Mascara // If there’s one thing I don’t leave the house without, it’s a swipe of mascara on set of lashes. I’ve been blessed with naturally long lashes but y’all, Estee Lauder’s Sumptuous Extreme Lash Multiplying Volume Mascara lives up to its name! People stop me quite often asking what mascara I use. The trick for me, is to get the brush into the base of my lashes, wiggle it a tad then swipe out at an angle, instead of swiping out straight. I’ve noticed this little change in the swipe and angle really boosts my lashes, for the better.
- SPF 20 Balm // If there’s one thing I can tell you, it’s wear that sunscreen – wherever you can! I always have a chapstick or lip balm with SPF wherever I go, and add in a little tint to that SPF balm and it’s a true winner. I have a hard time finding lip formulas that don’t cake off my lips, but this Sephora Collection SPF lip balm is a winner. The specific shade I wear is 03 Enchanting Blush.
- 3-in-1- Lip Balm // I know you’re probably thinking, this is repetitive, but as I said before, my lips get super dry and it really depends on the day for what formula I can use. With that being said, I was gifted the Le Rouge Perfecto 3-in-1 Lip balm from the Givenchy PR team, and it’s quickly become a favorite. Not only is the packaging absolutely gorgeous but this balm. The tint is super subtle, and honestly I like that. It’s definitely something that I swipe on even when I’m walking into the gym, just for a hint of color and moisture.
Of course, every complexion and person is different which bases their makeup choices, but I love the above eight makeup must-haves and highly recommend. Do you have any tried-and-true or ride-or-die makeup products that you can’t live without? Let me know below in the comments!