This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Randalls. All opinions are 100% mine.
Looking for a recipe idea that’s sure to please the entire family, keep well for leftovers and is easy to make? Try this delicious meal: the chicken parmesan baked ziti.
While I love to cook, lately it’s been a game trying to come up with new and unique recipes. Let’s just say, being at home for this extended length of time has tested my imagination when it comes to cooking every night. I’ve lapped through my tried and true recipes in the last few months about two times over, so I’ve begun adding new recipes to my repertoire.
And lately, one of the biggest tenants of choosing a recipe is the ability for it to have leftovers for later! And if I have most of the ingredients already in my pantry, that’s even a bigger plus!
For me, multiple grocery store trips per week are no longer in the cards. Which is why I love shopping at my neighborhood Randalls, because I know they’ll have everything I need, at great prices. The in-house Signature Brands, like Signature SELECT™, are a go-to of mine. They brand’s items are high-quality, fresh, affordable and can often be used for a variety of different recipes.
Enter the chicken parmesan baked ziti. It’s a simple dinner idea that can be thrown together all at once or prepped separately, baked and reheated for later. I’m all about making the best use of my time, and this recipe does just that!
To keep things simple, I always grab a Signature Select whole rotisserie hot chicken on my shopping trips. I love that it’s ready to heat and eat, and can be used in a variety of ways throughout the week – in the baked ziti, shredded on top of salads or sliced for sandwiches.
Yes, this chicken parmesan baked ziti calls for ziti noodles, but you could totally swap the noodles out for just about shaped noodle you have on-hand. Works with penne, rigatoni or bowtie pasta too. You simply just want a pasta that’ll hold its shape when layered in the baking dish.
Lately, one of my go-to items to grab on a grocery trip is bread. Since we’re doing almost all our meals at home (minus the occasional takeout), we’re going through bread much quicker. Whether it’s for sandwiches, a morning slice of toast or weekend French toast brunch, I’ve been grabbing two loaves of bread on my grocery runs. One to keep fresh and on hand, and the other to freeze and thaw for later.
What I love most about the chicken parmesan baked ziti recipe, is the cubed bits of fresh Signature Select Italian bread sprinkled throughout. Baked on site, the day I purchased my loaf, it’s fresh and oh so tasty! The perfect bit of crunch to the baked ziti.
Read on for the full recipe on how to throw together this delicious chicken parmesan baked ziti. I’m sure it’ll be an at-home crowd pleaser… it’s that delicious! If you’re looking for a drink pairing, try this tasty basil lemon smash cocktail.
Chicken Parmesan Baked Ziti
Chicken parmesan baked ziti
- 1 box Ziti pasta
- 2 cups Cooked chicken breast, shredded Can shred a store bought rotisserie chicken to save time!
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil Use for cooking chicken breast
- 1 tsp Sea salt Use for cooking chicken breast
- 1 jar Marinara sauce
- 2 cups Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese Grated or shredded
- 1/2 cup Fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1 cup Italian bread cubed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Grease baking dish
- Cook the pasta al dente in a large pot (follow instructions on box); drain and return to pot
- Shred chicken with a handheld blender, either store bought rotisserie or breasts cooked separately in Instant Pot
- Add shredded chicken and tomato sauce to pot of cooked pasta. Gently stir to combine
- Pour half pasta/chicken/sauce mixture into baking dish, creating an even layer
- Sprinkle layer with an even amount of mozzarella cheese (approx. 1 cup), ¼ cup of parmesan cheese, ½ cup cubed bread and freshly chopped basil
- Layer the remaining pasta/chicken/sauce mixture on top, creating a top even layer
- Sprinkle top layer with remaining mozzarella cheese, ¼ cup of parmesan cheese, the remaining cubed bread and freshly chopped basil
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly
- Remove immediately and sprinkle with fresh parmesan and basil
I shopped at Randalls, but you can also find Signature SELECT, Signature Café and Signature Farms offerings at the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Albertsons, Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Shaw’s Supermarket, Star Market, Tom Thumb and Vons.