Grab your cup of coffee, and take a few minutes to read along. Back for Coffee Talk volume two and it’s time to chat!
Woah y’all, moving into a house is no joke! I feel like I’ve been buried under boxes, meeting with the electrician, painters, plumber, movers, you name it for the last two weeks. We’ve taken our time moving in, which I’m glad we did, because both Rick and I had a lot of stuff. We each lived separately before we got married and had, wait for it… two storage units (hand to face moment, we know!), so moving in our furniture and boxes has been double the fun.
I’ve kept reminding myself that slow and steady wins the race. So, I’ve tried really hard not to break my back over unpacking and getting everything setup. Of course we needed our space to be somewhat livable pretty quickly, and it is. But there’s definitely a lot of organizing to be done, trips to the hardware store and the Container Store.
The latest task has been organizing our kitchen. Of course I’ll be the one using this space the most, so I wanted it to be setup for my needs. Our cabinets (would love to redo them at some point, but for now they’re remaining the way they are…) aren’t super deep, and the shelves aren’t super high with separation, so I needed to get creative. I found these basket-bins at the Container Store over the weekend, two fit on a shelf, and currently have them organized with canned goods, seasoning packets, etc. Of course before all of this I had to line each drawer and shelf with these liners (that’s my OCD kicking in!), but it’s totally worth it. Do you have any advice for organizing your kitchen?
Another question for y’all, I hadn’t really thought about doing it, but would you be interested in a home tour? Or at least a few rooms broken out, like my office, Rick’s office/den and or our kitchen? Let me know if so in the comments.
Now for things I’m loving:
– Wayfair has become my go-to destination for so many home decor purchases! Not sponsored at all! I’ve found most of our rugs on their site, including this one for our living room, and we just got these Euro shams for our bed along with this laundry hamper.
I’d suggest reading the reviews and checking to see if anyone has taken photos and shared them. The photos are crucial, especially when looking for rugs, as I had a few narrowed down and then saw photos and realized the colors weren’t right.
– One of my best friends, Ava (remember her from last week’s post here?), gave us this cookbook for our wedding and I’m having fun going through it and meal planning. I’m making the Whole-Wheat pizza with Broccoli Rabe and Turkey sausage tonight. We’ll see how it goes! I’ve also got bookmarked the Chili-Lime Almonds recipe for an afternoon snack that can be portioned out for each day.
– My friend Meg, of the blog Meg O. on the Go, recently posted a really awesome video featuring her ‘beauty empties’. Is it completely weird that I’m enthralled by what other beauty products people use and what they think of them? You can watch her video here. There are quite a few things I hadn’t even thought of trying and now have them in my cart.
– On a note of beauty products, I was recently reintroduced to Tula. You can see a post about their cream from a few years ago, here. I’ve been trying out their Probiotic Multi-Spectrum Eye Renewal Serum, and y’all the hype is real. This stuff might quickly become one of my go-to products in my arsenal. I’m prone to dark circles under my eyes and after a few days use, I can see a difference. I’ll keep you posted as I continue to use it more!
– Now that we’re finally getting settled, we’re getting back into some TV shows. We’re caught up finally on Homeland. Who knew Carrie’s lip quiver could be just as effective stateside? We started watching Big Little Lies on HBO this weekend… do you watch it? Three words, oh my goodness. One of those shows you can’t stop watching, but as Rick and I put it, also one of those shows that makes you feel like ‘you need to wash your hands and take a shower after watching’ – I feel so dirty after watching a few episodes (FYI, we’ve only watched the first two so far).
For less dramatic TV I’m still tuning into The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and am just as excited for the latest season of Dancing With the Stars, because I love Erika and kind of really want her to kill it!