Strapped for time and need an easy dinner recipe idea? Try this simple to make dinner idea: Prosciutto, Fig & Arugula flatbread.
I love to cook, and some nights I get super creative. But there are other nights where I’m tired and don’t feel like making an elaborate meal. That’s why I always keep a roll of store-brought classic pizza crust in my fridge at all times.
I think we can all agree we love a tasty and easy dinner idea that can be thrown together and enjoyed by all. That’s why I love making simple flatbreads for dinner. Dress them up with tasty, seasonal ingredients, different proteins, and more. They’re so easy to make, too.
There’s something so tasty about a sweet and salty combination. Prosciutto is one of my favorite indulgences. It’s definitely salty, but it’s so good! I personally like it when its fresh, so I place it on top the flatbread AFTER it comes out of the oven.
Have you tried a Mission fig? They remind me of summers in California. We used to grab them at the farmers market every week and use them in a variety of ways, on flatbreads or pizzas and in salads, too. Using Prosciutto and fresh Mission figs on top of a flatbread pizza, and a little Boursin cheese, is a delicious and easy meal idea.
Read on for the full recipe on how to whip up this easy to make Prosciutto, Fig & Arugula flatbread pizza dinner idea!
Prosciutto, Fig & Arugula Flatbread
- 1 roll store-bought classic pizza crust
- 1 wheel Boursin cheese
- 12-15 Mission figs halved
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups Fresh Arugula
- Thinly sliced Prosciutto
- Balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Unroll crust onto a sheet pan with parchment paper
- Brush crust generously with EVOO
- Spread Boursin cheese generously on top of crust
- Place halved figs around crust
- Sprinkle with salt
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown
- Place pan on a wire rack to cool for 2 minutes
- Sprinkle pizza with freshly washed Arugula
- Top with thin slices of Prosciutto
- Drizzle with more EVOO and Balsamic Vinegar
- Top with cracked pepper
- Slice and enjoy!
You can see a video of the recipe on IGTV, linked here!