Good morning y’all and Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! Back by popular request is the gifts that give back gift guide as part of each year’s holiday gift guide series.
1. Disney x Kiehl’s hydrating collection (100% of the net profits from the sale of the collection to Feeding America® to help provide meals to families in need this holiday season)
2. Stainless steel reusable bottles (A portion of proceeds are donated to UNICEF to help provide clean drinking water to children around the world)
3. Mediterranean Fouta Woven blanket (10% of the retail price from this product purchase will support (RED)’s efforts to fight AIDS through the Global Fund)
4. Pink Pony Romance perfume (One hundred percent of the profits from your purchase will be donated to reduce disparities in cancer care and ensure that treatment is available at an earlier, more curable stage)
5. Block heel booties (Buy Treasure & Bond and Nordstrom will donate 2.5% of net sales, 5% of net profits to organizations that work to empower youth)
6. Set of 4 mixed dipping bowls (FEED will provide six meals to children in need)
7. 52mm polarized sunglasses (Give-back initiative gives reading glasses to those in need)
8. 2017 Saks charity bear (100% of net proceeds from the sale of each Hudson Charity Bear will support the HBC Foundation’s HEADFIRST programming supporting mental health initiatives)
9. Studded leather crossbody (150+ women in Masoro, Rwanda built a thriving self-run business and produce all of Kate Spade’s On Purpose label accessories for sale through the company. Through their work and profits they’re helping to shape their community of 20,000)
10. Elephant adjustable bangle (20% of the purchase price from each Elephant Charm sold will be donated to Friends of Jaclyn, an organization in which athletic programs adopt children with pediatric brain tumors and other childhood cancers to provide them with love, support and lasting friendships)
11. Sunflower key fob (50% of all net proceeds benefit the Tory Burch Foundation, which empowers women entrepreneurs by providing access to capital, education programs and digital resources)
12. Creme de la Mer ($10 from the purchase price, with a maximum donation of $53,000, will be donated to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation through 12/31/17)
13. Holiday gift crate (A portion of the purchase price for this gift set benefits St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital®, helping to support research and treatment for pediatric cancer and other life-threatening diseases)
14. Trail duffle bag (For every product sold, United By Blue will clean up one pound of waste from our world’s oceans and waterways)
15. Striped slim card case (50% of all net proceeds benefit the Tory Burch Foundation, which empowers women entrepreneurs by providing access to capital, education programs and digital resources)
16. Elephant pendant necklace (20% of net profits to the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust)
Thanksgiving has quickly become one of my favorite holidays as I’ve gotten older. I love spending time with my family and reflecting on the things that I’m so thankful for in this life.
It’s been a whirlwind of a year – we got married, bought a house, have grown in our marriage and love for each other. My family has learned to cope with the loss of my grandmother, but we still miss her and my grandpa dearly. I, and my family, have our health and we’ve been fortunate to have success in our business endeavors too!
While I and my family have so much to be thankful for this season, there are so many others who could use a helping hand in their time of need. Even if you don’t leave your home today, perhaps you can take a look at the gifts that give back gift guide before you tackle your holiday shopping and make a purchase (or a few) that give back to charities or others in need.
Besides the above mentioned items, here are a few other gift ideas I’ve found that give back, too. The Mermaid eye matte set (5% of proceeds are donated across the three African-based charities supporting featured animals), filled with such pretty colors.
If you’re going to start decking the halls this weekend, why not pick up a few darling ornaments for the tree, including this fluffy furry friend ornament. $1 from each purchase will be donated to the ASPCA.
Not a part of the above gifts that give back gift guide, but another cause close to my heart is Hurricane Harvey relief. I’ve been hosting a Stella & Dot trunk show where 100% of the proceeds from purchases will be donated to the Greater Houston Partnership Hurricane Harvey relief fund. Please take a moment to check out the trunk show – there are so many great pieces to fill stockings or gift under the tree. I have a pair of these fun earrings and always receive so many compliments. I hope you help me in assisting Hurricane Harvey victims!
Thank you again from the bottom of my heart for supporting my little corner of the internet. I truly appreciate you reading along, clicking around and supporting Adored by Alex. Each and every one of you make me a better person and my business a true dream come true.
I’ll be back later today with sale guides and updates on where to shop and what to buy on the biggest sale event of the year!