It’s here, early access to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is now open! I’ve combed over tons of sale items for you to narrow down this year’s picks for my top 9 buys at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019.
Personally I was a bit underwhelmed by the majority of offerings at this year’s sale. Perhaps it’s just me, but this sale was spectacular when I was growing up. With that being said, in the last year or two, I’ve felt like the quality has gone down significantly. I looked through almost all of this year’s sale items with a discerning eye and pulled together my top 9 buys at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, which are items I personally own and 100% stand behind or have on my list to purchase this year. Keep scrolling down for more thoughts!
Top 9 Buys at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019
- Barbour Jacket // Best. Jacket. Ever. I’ve owned this jacket since college and it’s my absolute favorite go-to. I know I’ll have this jacket for the rest of my life, too. It’s one of those pieces that’s timeless and will never go out of style. Kate Middleton is a huge fan too, in case you were wondering. It’s rare that the waxed jacket goes on sale, so seeing it in this sale made it one of my top picks. It’s a bit of a splurge, but 100% worth every penny. You can see ways of styled it on the blog here and here.
- Fall/Winter riding boots // The Tory Burch boots are always at the top of my list when suggesting items to purchase at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. Again, these are timeless closet staples. I wear my chocolate brown riding boots all the time come fall and winter. I actually tried the Tory boots on in store and was super impressed. The wide-calf fit made them loose but not notably so. They’re easier to get on than they were in year’s past. The associate and I both agreed that the wide-calf option makes it nice to wear with jeans or leggings, because they won’t be jammed in once you zip them shut. Sizing note: I sized up half a size, because I tend to wear thicker socks with my boots. If you’re looking for a heeled boot option, I thought this suede Sam Edelman pair looked high-quality and ultra-wearable in store.
- Cashmere wrap // For someone like me who travels quite a bit, I often hone in on a nice cashmere wrap or scarf. I usually carry one with my on the airplane, to restaurants and more. It’s so nice to have an option that’s classic and wearable with a number of options – denim, dresses or underneath jackets as a layering piece. Plus this one is so soft!
- BeautyBio skincare // Not going to lie, I was skeptical about this skincare line. However, late last year I was invited to a lunch and learn with the founder & ceo of the brand. Let me just say, after seeing how beautiful her skin looked (after a few children!!), plus touching and trying the product firsthand at the lunch, I became a believer! I’m most definitely buying the GloPro kit I listed above. I’m so bummed because I bought the R45 Reversal kit at full price two months ago, but lucky for you, you can grab them at a steep discount. Highly recommend this skincare line, it truly works!!
- Longchamp expandable tote // One of those accessory pieces that’s usually often in the sale, and one I always recommend. Longchamp makes one of the best travel/work totes on the market. I remember my grandmother using the duffle bag when I was younger, and she always commented on how durable they were. Same goes for the tote, it’s one of my favorites and I constantly reach for it. I have two and besides a few scuff marks, they really wear quite nicely. I love the expandable option for when you’re traveling and need a little extra space!
- Barefoot Dreams cardigan // Have it, love it. The CozyChic circle cardigan is an Anniversary Sale staple, and rightfully so. It’s the best. It’s so comfy and cozy. It’s definitely a bit warm, but perfect for those winter days were you need a cozy layer. I have the grey color in a small/medium. The arms are a bit tighter, but the fit is loose and roomy. They also make a blanket, which I’ve heard great things about, shop it here.
- Michele diamond watch // While I don’t have this specific Michele watch, I have a diamond dial watch that I was gifted for my high school graduation (some 10 years ago!), and still wear it all the time. Obviously it’s a classic piece that’ll be wearable forever. Yes, it’s an investment piece. Michele watches wear quite nicely. I’ve wacked it against hard surfaces so many times and never had an issue with the watch face. I looked at this watch in store and it’s the perfect size, not too big nor too small.
- Hanky Panky &Chantelle undergarments // My favorite underwear! I totally use the sale as an opportunity to stock up on them while they’re at a discount. I’ve been a loyal Hanky Panky wearer for years (I like the original rise), but sometimes they show through due to the lace texture. I discovered Chantalle underwear at last year’s sale and love the fit. They’re fitted, but not too tight and they’re smooth, so you won’t be seeing them through anything!
- Slip Silk pillowcases // For someone like me who has long and fine hair that tangles super easily, I swear by Silk pillowcases. Not only does my hair thank me, but so does my watch. After sleeping on silk pillowcases, I can basically wake up and go – no need to re-do, or fix my hair.
I went in to the store and looked at all the offerings available Friday morning. I grabbed a few basics – some tees, Zella workout gear and this pair of Vince Camuto block heel sandals. However, I’ll reiterate again that I feel like the sale has gone down compared to years past. While a lot of the Nordstrom branded items are a great deal, the quality has gone down on these pieces. I personally have only been able to keep their Halogen, BP, Calson items for around a year before they tear or look to worn.
What I actually purchased in-store: