The 2017 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale starts this week! I don’t know about you, but this is one sale I’ve been shopping forever, and I’m not kidding when I say it’s one of the best sales of the year. This sale is unique because the items are ALL NEW Fall items or classic products we all love, that are marked down for a limited time only before the prices go back up to normal. With thats being the case, this is a sale that helps to have a plan of attack when shopping it, so here are my tips for shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale.
When to Shop:
As I mentioned, this sale is unique. Instead of it starting for everyone on the same day, Nordstrom incentivizes cardholders to shop early during their presale. The 2017 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Presale begins this Thursday, July 13th for Nordstrom cardholders. To shop the presale, you must have a Nordstrom credit card. However, I know quite a few people who don’t have one and will make purchases through a friend or relative, so if you’re not a cardholder, don’t worry, you’re not completely out of luck! The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale will then open to the public on Friday, July 21st.
How to prepare:
I like to enter this sale with a plan of attack, because it’s a huge one. I don’t know about you, but sales can be super overwhelming to me, but if I do my homework a little early then I won’t feel as unprepared. One of my tips for shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is to check out the 2017 Anniversary Sale catalogue. This will give you a better idea of some of the hot-ticket items, such as pieces trending for fall and items that are important to stock-up on – undergarments, beauty products or athletic wear. Then, inventory your own closet and make a list of things you may need. Categorize these items into what you definitely need and what you might need leading into the sale. Things move pretty quickly, as do sizes, so you want to be prepared as to what you’re looking for ahead of time. Below that list of what you need, make a list of your favorite brands available at Nordstrom, such as Tory Burch, AG Jeans, Theory or Nike. Then you can quickly narrow your search fields once the sale goes live.
What to Buy:
The hype is real when it comes to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, y’all! Recall, this sale features products that are new fall arrivals. These can be new items, new collections, new pieces exclusive to Nordstrom only, you name it! Generally people use it as a reason to stock-up on fall items that will be in-store full price in later months. I personally like to use this sale as one to stock up on everyday basics and essentials. I have however splurged on the occasional cool-weather item that gets worn later in the season. You may remember a few posts from last year (see here, here and here). Maybe you know you need a new pair of Tory Burch boots, or a replenish on your favorite bottle of perfume (lately mine is Aerin Mediterranean Honeysuckle), the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale will definitely offer these pieces up, but they’ll go quickly!
Besides my above tips for shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, I wanted to share a few things on my personal shopping list. Be sure to check back in here bright and early on Thursday morning as I’ll have a round-up of the best picks for this year’s sale. Plus I’ll be giving away a Nordstrom gift card both here on the blog and on my Instagram Thursday. Here’s some insight into my shopping list:
- Athletic wear // I love the in-house brand Zella, I’ll definitely be stocking up on some of their leggings and tops. I also will definitely be grabbing a pair or two of Nike sneakers. I grabbed a favorite pair last year, so I have high hopes that there will be a good pair to snag this year.
- Denim // Love designer denim, but not the price tag? Well this is the sale to snag a pair (or two!) for a great price. I jumped onto the AG Jeans bandwagon last sale and absolutely love them. I’ll definitely be checking out what the brand has in the sale this time too.
- Loungewear & Undergarments // I use this sale as a chance to stock up on these basics such as cozy cardigan sweaters (my favorite is by Barefoot Dreams), bras by Natori and undies by Hanky Panky.
- Handbags // In the market for a new bag for the latter part of the year? This sale is when to grab it. AllSaints makes some of my favorite timeless bag silhouettes. Rebecca Minkoff and Kate Spade always have great picks during the sale as well.
- Beauty products // Hands down, one of my favorite parts about the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale are the beauty offerings. If you already perused the catalogue, then you saw the offerings in perfume, makeup palettes, etc. There are always some great bundle offerings such as three for the price of two on sunscreen by Supergoop! or discounted Clarisonic brushes.
Now…it’s time for a fabulous giveaway!
I’ve teamed up with an amazing group of bloggers to give YOU a chance to win:
a $1,000 Nordstrom Gift Card, just in time for the Anniversary Sale!
Simply enter below by completing the rafflecopter.
You’ll receive one entry per completion.
This giveaway is open internationally and runs until 7/24.
Winner will be announced here. Good Luck!